Friday 15 April 2011

Doing the Time



I'm back, you guys. I can take it. As they say, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". Mum and Dad decided that as I'd survived the first night of my ban without too much whimpering and barking, they might as well go the whole hog and ban all dogs from the bedrooms hence forth, so Haggis joined me in the kitchen-diner (aka "slammer") last night and the humans can report that there was not a whisper of noise, no barking, no crying, no nothing. Everybody got a good night's sleep. Mind, we were both very very happy when Dad finally did emerge, rousted out of bed by the 05:00 alarm.


So that's just now the way it is, "business as usual"; we are downstairs dogs and we sleep in the kitchen. We guess that's just the way it's going to be now and here and through to the flowering of 'Project Erroll'. We hope to be able to join the humans at "reading the papers in bed" time tomorrow.


Dad had a good birthday and the presents took on a 'clothes for the project' theme. He loved the red check shirt I bought him, and the blue check shirt Haggis chose, and has some excellent narrow-boating clothes ready for this Summer's big adventure. Mum, for some reason, took exception to the famous 'poncho' Dad has used un former narrow boating trips, possibly because of the way it inflated all around Dad when he fell feet-first into the pound in Sowerby Bridge 2 years ago and made him look like a demeted jelly-fish or octopus. Oops! I don't think I was meant to mention that.


Thank you, Rona, for offering to represent me as my "crack legal team" and also thanks to Mr Silverwood for offering to 'spring' me in his "Free the Faversham One" campaign. You can stand down at present (but don't go away). This ol' Jailbird can cope.


Evil Piddlin' Bee-atch

Deefs

1 comment:

Mr Silverwood said...

Deefer, we will be ready at a moments call if you need us to ramp up the campaign, I have the placards ready and waiting just have to come up with a catchy slogan to chant while walking up and down outside your jail cell